Technical Committee (TC)
The primary function of the TC is to evaluate the scientific merit of the pre-proposals submitted to CTSA. Identification of individuals with a scientific background who are knowledgeable in the scientific method, experimental design, and aquaculture-related disciplines and species who can assess the merit of proposed research approaches, is critical. The TC is composed of representatives from participating research institutions, state extension services, other state or territorial public agencies and non-profit private institutions.
- develops problem statements for the priority areas selected and identified by the Industry Advisory Council. The Request for Pre-proposals is based on these problem statements;
- reviews and assesses the research approach of the pre-proposals as to adequacy in addressing the priority problem areas selected and identified by the Industry Advisory Council;
- ensures that the proposed research does not duplicate previous research and develops new and novel results for application by the industry;
- submits recommendations to the Executive Director regarding which pre-proposals adequately address the priority areas selected and identified by the Industry Advisory Council;
- evaluates the annual progress of funded projects and comments on research direction and results; and
- annually elects a chair from its eligible membership to conduct the annual Technical Committee meeting and serve as a non-voting member on the Board of Directors.
|Harry Ako||University of Hawaii at Manoa||Honolulu, Oahu||1988|
|Tom Iwai||Anuenue Fisheries Research Center||Honolulu, Oahu||1993|
|Alan Everson||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration||Honolulu, Oahu||2009|
|Wai-Kit Nip||University of Hawaii at Manoa||Honolulu, Oahu||2004|
|Allen Riggs||Hawaii Department of Agriculture||Honolulu, Oahu||2009|
|Vernon Sato||Algae Expert (retired)||Honolulu, Oahu||2002|
|James Szyper||University of Hawaii (retired)||Honolulu, Oahu||2010|