CTSA is here to help aquaculture farmers, the most critical link in the food production chain. The Center funds research and development projects aimed at advancing the industry and making the farmer’s job easier. The Center and its sponsored researchers, which include extension agents devoted to assisting farmers, often hold workshops and informational sessions throughout the American Insular Pacific islands. Additionally, several of our researchers work side-by-side with farmers to transfer technology, gather data, conduct disease management, and much more. The Center also runs the Publications Project, which is dedicated to disseminating the latest and greatest aquaculture research data through electronic and printed publications, as well as videos.
Our website contains a variety of information that may be of value to you and your business.
• Find manuals, fact sheets, and articles in the Publications section.
• While there, check out our monthly newsletter, which is full of useful regional and international aquaculture information, on the Regional Notes page.
• Other available publications include Aquaculture Interchange Program (AIP) publications, which are collections of AIP (Aquaculture Interchange Program) workshop proceedings.
• You may also be interested in learning more about current and past projects and reading their accompanying reports, which may contain information applicable to your business.
• View our links page for links to other helpful industry websites.
• Checkout our Multimedia page, where you can find CTSA-generated videos and photos about aquaculture and Pacific Island Aquafarmers!
• Visit the News and Events page for information about upcoming events and news from the Center.
This section is regularly updated to incorporate the newest information. Please check back often!
Upcoming Workshops and New Publications
Researchers from the University of Hawaii CTAHR collaborated on a new publication that takes an in-depth look at Francisellosis, the disease affecting many tilapia farmers in the state of Hawaii.
Click here to download the publication
CTSA published two manuals under the recently-completed project “Anaylze and Compile the Nutritional Composition of Potential Feed Ingredient Resources in American Samoa into a Feed Manual for Use in Tilapia Feeds.”
The manual for adults contains feed ingredient anaylses, a tilapia feed recipe based on local ingredients, and detailed yet simple manufacturing instructions. Click here to view the Adult feed manufacturing manual. The manual for children simplifies the information further and provides farming families with easy-to-follow instructions to make tilapia feed in their own home using a soup can to measure ingredients! Click here to view the Children’s manual.
For a list of aquaculture events in the region and around the world, please visit the Events page of AquacultureHub.org