Aquaculture Extension and Training Support for the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands, Year 07
July 1, 1994
|Federated States of Micronesia||$70,000||College of Micronesia||S. Lindsay|
- Provide aquaculture extension and training support to private commercial operators and to local government fishery and aquaculture staff to develop commercial and subsistence crops with the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands (Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Belau, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Republic of the Marshall Islands and American Samoa).
- Assist in the development of giant clam culture. This will include site visits to giant clam hatcheries and ocean-nursery growout farms within this region.
- Help develop and support – via site visits, training courses, information exchange to hatcheries and growout farms – development of aquaculture of aquatic plant and animal species, including sponges, pearl oysters, trochus, aquarium species and bait fish.
- Conduct training courses in culture techniques of giant clams and other relevant aquaculture species.
- Assist clam hatcheries and growout farms in the development of marketing and education materials for giant clam products.
- Assist in reef reseeding programs and marine resource surveys as requested by state or country authorities.