Aquaculture Extension and Training Support for the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands, Year 08
July 1, 1995
|Federated States of Micronesia||$75,000||College of Micronesia||S. Lindsay|
- Provide aquaculture extension and training support to private, commercial aquaculture operators and to local government fishery and aquaculture staff to develop commercial and subsistence aquaculture crops within the US Affiliated Pacific Islands comprising American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of Belau and the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Assist in the development of giant clam culture, including assisting giant clam hatcheries and ocean-nursery growout farms in Belau, Kosrae, FSM, the Marshall Islands and American Samoa.
- Help develop and support via site visits, training courses, educational aids and information exchange hatcheries and growout farms of aquatic species of plants and animals other than giant clams to promote greater production yields and economic and social goals.
- Conduct training courses in culture techniques of giant clams and other relevant aquaculture species.
- Assist and promote the development of giant clams for sale, both for domestic and international markets for each of the facilities within the region.