Aquaculture Extension and Training Support for the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands, Year 09
July 1, 1996
|Federated States of Micronesia||$85,000||College of Micronesia||S. Ellis|
- Provide extension support to commercial producers, government fisheries and aquaculture staff, and others to develop aquaculture within the US Affiliated Pacific Islands (Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa and the Republic of Belau).
- Conduct training courses on the culture techniques for giant clams, sponges, black pearl oysters, soft corals and other aquarium species. Training courses will be tailored to meet the needs of the facility or location and will include handout materials on the information covered.
- Develop extension fact sheets, manuals and videos to educate existing and potential aquaculture producers in the region.
- Provide general aquaculture information sessions and workshops on the basic aspects of aquaculture and potential culture species.
- Identify suitable local residents in the various island entities to be trained in an aquaculture intern program.
- Provide and identify aquaculture information resources for producers and government representatives throughout the region upon request.