Aquaculture of Hawaiian Marine Invertebrates for the Marine Ornamental Trade, Year 02
July 1, 2002
|Hawaii||$35,000||University of Hawaii Sea Grant Extension Service and Oceanic Institute||C. Tamaru and D. Ziemann|
Develop and transfer culture techniques for Hawaiian marine invertebrates to promote economic opportunities without dependence on wild caught specimens.
- Determine the feeding requirements for broodstock maturation.
- Determine methods for the artificial spawning of feather duster worms.
- Validate grow-out phase in natural and artificial systems.
- Determine estimated costs for the settled feather dusters to attain market size.
- Summarize and disseminate information obtained in journal articles, newsletter articles and workshops.