Commercial Feasibility of Giant Clam Mariculture in American Samoa, Year 01
July 1, 1988
|American Samoa||$17,300||American Samoa Department of Marine and Wildlife Resources||B. Ponwith, L.A.J. Bell, and P. Gaisoa|
- Obtain training in the techniques of spawning and culture of giant clams for appropriate DMWR personnel.
- Investigate domestic market potential for giant clams produced in American Samoa.
- Establish a demonstration giant clam culture station to be used for training, extension, and economic feasibility studies.
- Determine the optimum sites, species, and conditions for giant clam culture in American Samoa.
- Produce giant clam seed for sale to private sector individuals that have access to suitable sites for giant clam nurseries.
- Obtain and compile current information on the economic viability of giant clam mariculture in American Samoa.