Culturing the Harlequin Shrimp (Hymenocera picta) for the Marine Aquarium Industry, Years 1 and 2
July 1, 2005 - July 31, 2009
|Hawaii||$73,740||Oceanic Institute||S. Moss|
- Collect and disseminate information about the culture of H. picta.
- Evaluate alternative diets for H. picta.
- Improve culture techniques for H. picta.
- Explore potential genetic and environmental effects on post-settlement dietary preference for H. picta.
- Characterize biochemical and mineral composition of prey items.
- Produce and evaluate a formulated, artificial diet for adult H. picta.