Development of Black-Lip Pearl Oyster Farming in Micronesia
July 1, 2000
|Federated States of Micronesia||$56,528||University of Hawaii at Hilo||M. Haws|
- Objective 1. Comparison of site-specific rates of snail predation for juvenile pearl oysters.
- Objective 2. Reduction of fish-induced juvenile and adult mortality through development and testing of improved net panels.
- Objective 3. Capacity building for a local women’s group in manufacturing of net panels.
- Objective 4. Training and technology transfer.
- Objective 5. Pearl farming economics study
- Objective 1. Demonstration and seed supply.
- Objective 2. Training and technical transfer.