Disease Management and Virology for Hawaiian Aquaculture, Year 08
July 1, 2000
|American Samoa||$72,937||Hawaii Aquaculture Development Program, Oceanic Institute, and University of Hawaii at Manoa||R. Bullis, J. Corbin, and Y. Lu|
- Objective 1. Document the morphology and histopathology of larval and fry ornamental fishes from the HUFA enrichment diet trials in the CTSA freshwater ornamental project.
- Objective 2. Establish a continuous cell line from each of the following fishes: the clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris), the seahorse (Hippocampus erectus), the omilu (Caranx melampygus) and the snakehead (Channa striatus).
- Objective 3. Provide fish virus culture and identification support services to the freshwater and marine fish aquaculturists in Hawaii.
- Objective 4. Conduct two fish health training classes and provide effective communication of the class schedule.
- Objective 5. Provide technology transfer publications to the industry.