Disease Management in Hawaiian Aquaculture, Year 05
July 1, 1996
|Hawaii||$79,881||Hawaii Aquaculture Development Program, University of Hawaii at Manoa, and University of Hawaii at Hilo||J. Brock, B. LeaMaster, C. Tamaru, and M. Shintaku|
- Provide diagnostic support for the ornamental fish project, hatcheries and farms.
- Investigate the cause and control of the rickettsia-like organism (RLO) affected cultured tilapia in Hawaii.
- Conduct experiments to determine control methods for Gracilaria Gall Syndrome on a seaweed farm on the island of Hawaii.
- Continue work on vaccination for control of bacterial diseases of Chinese catfish farmed in Hawaii.
- Develop extension publications to transfer the technology findings from the project to the aquaculture industry in the region.