Expert System Disease Module for Hawaiian Aquaculture, Year 01
July 1, 1990
|Hawaii||$17,126||University of Hawaii at Manoa and Hawaii Aquaculture Development Program||S. Itoga, J. Brock, and D. Coleman|
- Determine the aquaculture species to be included in the Hawaiian Expert System Disease Module.
- Gather and collate the available published and unpublished information on infectious and non-infectious diseases and syndromes and related topics (husbandry, water quality, and feeds and feeding) for the selected aquaculture species to be incorporated into the Hawaiian Aquaculture Disease Module.
- Identify, adapt, and test an existing computer programming system that can be used to communicate aquaculture disease module information. If a suitable system is not available, formulate one adequate for the needs of the aquaculture disease module.
- Incorporate the information on diseases into the system.
- Distribute the preliminary program to representative industry and research personnel for review and comment. Modify the expert system based on the feed-back received. Finalize the expert system and distribute to the aquaculture industry.