Introduction of Aquaculture to Secondary Schools in Hawaii and the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands
July 1, 1988
|Hawaii||$11,000||University of California, Davis and Anderson Valley Jr./Sr. High School||S. Miller, J. Leising, and S.A. McKay|
- Assemble aquaculture curriculum resources into a readily usable form for secondary school teachers.
- Work with secondary teachers to help them determine the optimum way to integrate aquaculture into their schools’ curriculum and implement a program for their students to work with elementary students in aquaculture.
- Provide opportunities for island exchange students to link teachers and specialists on the islands to bring about agricultural education program improvement.
- Help teachers and students establish aquaculture production and marketing programs on their own islands, in their own school, or in cooperation with an existing producer.
- Establish a communications network between programs on different islands.