Introduction of New Aquaculture Species for Biological Culture Assessment, Year 2
July 1, 1991
|Hawaii||$50,740||University of Hawaii Sea Grant Extension Service, University of Hawaii at Manoa, and University of Florida||B. Miller, P. Olin, R. Bailey, C. Brown, and F. Chapman|
- Import and evaluate the culture potential of the green-lip abalone, Haliotis laevigata.
- Obtain a market assessment of the tropical ornamental fish and aquatic plant industry.
- Import and evaluate the culture potential of selected species of freshwater ornamental fish including optimum grow-out methods and economic evaluation.
- Develop protocols for larval rearing and grow-out of the silver arowana, Osteoglossum bicirrohosum.
- Develop production methods for Tubifex worms and evaluate