Investigation of Mullet Net-Pen Stocking Densities in Coastal Fishponds for a Stock Enhancement Nursery Program, Year 01
July 1, 1991
|Hawaii||$28,700||Oceanic Institute, Hawaii Division of Aquatic Resources, and Pacific Aquaculture||K. Leber, R. Nishimoto, and M. Brooks|
- Determine effective and efficient net-pen designs for mullet nursery systems in shallow, tidal-exchange, in-shore ponds.
- Determine optimal stocking density for juvenile mullet in coastal net pens.
- Compare growth and survival of juvenile mullet in net pens with land-based tank culture.
- Establish preliminary economic data for use in analysis of the cost of net-pen operations and production.
- Synthesize available literature and data on Hawaiian fishponds (in reference to socio-economic feasibility issues) related to their use as a stock enhancement resource