Marine Food Fish Seedstock Production, Year 01
July 1, 1998
|Hawaii||$110,000||Oceanic Institute||A. Ostrowski|
- Maintain Pacific threadfin broodstock population, and provide 250,000 threadfin seedstock to participating, qualified farms to support production on existing farms.
- Maintain milkfish broodstock population, and provide 100,000 milkfish seedstock to participating, qualified farms to support production on existing farms.
- Initiate a health assurance program for Pacific threadfin and milkfish seedstock to document animal health and quality and to ensure seedstock are specific pathogen free.
- Initiate and maintain a broodstock development program for crimson snapper.
- Determine the size of hatchery and costs required for various levels of production to provide farmers with information to initiate plans to establish their own threadfin and milkfish hatcheries.
- Implement a phased payment program for threadfin and milkfish seedstock, from which the funds generated will be used to provide training, startup live feed cultures, and technical advice for startup hatcheries and growout operations.