Marine Food Fish Seedstock Production, Year 03
July 1, 2000
|Hawaii||$135,000||Oceanic Institute and University of Hawaii at Manoa||A. Ostrowski and P.S. Leung|
- Objective 1. Improve threadfin fry quality by use of rotifer enrichment methods.
- Objective 2. Determine role of enhanced natural productivity in semi-intensive production ponds on improved survival and growth of larval milkfish.
- Objective 3. Continue the disease testing program to insure the disease-free status of threadfin fry provided to the industry and refine it by establishing a cell line to screen for potential viruses.
- Objective 4. Develop pair spawning methods for Pacific threadfin for genetic selection work.
- Objective 5. Domesticate Pacific threadfin for aquaculture and produce a selected line for increased growth.
- Objective 6. Confirm transfer of reliable fry production technologies to commercial hatcheries;