Marine Ornamentals Phase II, Year 2: Mass Culture Techniques for Pygmy Angelfish and Broodstock Management of Hawaiian Wrasses
July 1, 2003 - June 30, 2007
|Hawaii||$100,000||Oceanic Institute||C. Laidley|
- Refine mass culture techniques and demonstrate protocol for commercial-scale production of flame angelfish.
- Initiate on-farm testing of flame angelfish culture technology.
- Test the physical conformity of captured versus farmed flame angelfish.
- Establish and monitor broodstock populations of an endemic Hawaiian wrasse species.
- Provide an industry workshop to convey and demonstrate the latest findings on flame angelfish culture techniques and spawning performance of captive wrasse.