National Coordinator for Aquaculture New Animal Drug Applications, Year 05
July 1, 1999
|Hawaii||$10,000||Michigan State University||R. Schnick, T. Batterson|
- Coordinate approval activities for amoxicillin, Aqui-S TM, chloramine-T, common carp pituitary, copper sulfate, Earth Tec TM, erythromycin, estrogen, florfenicol, formalin (extension), fumagillin, human chorionic gonadotropin, hydrogen peroxide, 17 alpha-methyltestosterone, Ovaplant TM, Ovaprim TM, oxytetracycline, potassium permanganate, Pyceze TM, sea lice control agents, and trichlorfon.
- Implement important provisions of the Minor Use/Minor Species (MUMS) document.
- Reduce or eliminate obstacles to approvals of new oral antibacterials (e.g., florfenicol) and maintain current approvals by participating in the coordination and writing of a “white paper” on antimicrobial resistance.
- Help harmonize internationally the protocols for susceptibility testing of antimicrobial agents.
- Promote international harmonization of aquaculture drug approvals to ensure that pharmaceutical sponsors remain committed to approvals in the United States.