Ornamental Aquaculture Technology Transfer
July 1, 1992 - October 1, 1994
|Hawaii||$57,929||C. Brown, B. Miller, P. Olin, R. Bailey, and F. Chapman|
The overall goal of this project is to establish consistent production and marketing of ornamental fish on existing Hawaii aquaculture farms.
- Obtain an assessment of the U.S. ornamental market.
- Hire and retain an expert in the commercial ornamental fish culture to support development of an ornamental production industry in Hawaii.
- Import and evaluate the culture potential of selected ornamental fish species.
- Evaluate the production economics of breeding and grow-out in selected species.
- Establish ornamental fish in commercial production on cooperating aquaculture farms in Hawaii.
- Conduct a business feasibility analysis in conjunction with the Pacific Business Center, University of Hawaii.
- Reduce Amazon basin fish using reverse osmosis technology