Ornamental Aquaculture Technology Transfer, Year 02
July 1, 1993
|Hawaii||$122,200||University of Hawaii at Manoa, University of Hawaii Sea Grant Extension Service, and University of Florida||C. Brown, R. Bailey, B. Cole, J. Brock, and F. Chapman|
- Retain an ornamental fish production and breeding specialist to provide technical support to farmers producing ornamental fish. Technology transfer will include breeding protocols, growout, disease and predator management, marketing, packaging and shipping.
- Establish the consistent production of five species of high health ornamental fish at commercial farm locations in Hawaii.
- Establish high health stocks of additional species of ornamental fish for distribution to participating farmers.
- Continue the market assessment and conduct a business feasibility analysis in conjunction with the Pacific Business Center to identify production costs, markets and financial feasibility of ornamental production in Hawaii.
- Reproduce Amazon Basin fish using reverse osmosis technology.