Regional Biosecurity: Operational Biosecurity and Diagnostic Surveillance
July 1, 2008 - August 31, 2010
|Hawaii||$199,997||Oceanic Institute, Aquaculture Development Program, University of Hawaii at Manoa||Charles Laidley, Ph.D., Amanda Lowrey, Ph.D., Clyde Tamaru, Ph.D|
- Develop a survey plan for reviewing operational biosecurity for aquaculture operations in the Pacific Region.
- Complete a general biosecurity assessment of aquaculture operations in Hawaii
- Complete specific biosecurity assessments of specific farm operations for each of the major culture species.
- Write a project report reviewing species-specific operational biosecurity for specific farm operations in Hawaii and the Pacific Region.
- Convene biosecurity workshops reviewing the biosecurity evaluation facilitating further discussion on aquaculture biosecurity and future needs in the Islands.