Culture of a Local Marine Polychaete, Marphysa sanguinea, for Use as a Shrimp Maturation Feed, Years 3 and 4
|Hawaii||$58,300||Oceanic Institute of HPU||Dustin Moss|
The overall goal of this project is to further the prospects of commercial M. sanguinea production for use as a shrimp maturation feed.
1. Commercial-scale growout of M. sanguinea.
2. Comparison of shrimp broodstock performance using cultured M. sanguinea and frozen, imported worms.
3. Compare worm production (growth and survival) in multiple commercially available sediments.
4. Comparison of “multi-cohort” and “single-cohort” production systems
5. Distribute findings to industry stakeholders