Development of Threadfin and Milkfish Growout and Technology Transfer, Year 03
|Hawaii||$110,000||Oceanic Institute, Hawaii Aquaculture Development Program, and University of Hawaii at Manoa||A. Ostrowski, D. Toda, and P.S. Leung|
- Maintain broodstock and provide 250,000 seedstock threadfin to participating qualified farms to prime industry development and expand production on existing farms.
- Provide a spreadsheet template to enable farmers to calculate economic costs of threadfin production, and identify site-specific opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Produce a promotional brochure and value-added gill tags for threadfin, and provide market-size fish to media events and distribution outlets for evaluation and exposure to expand local and export markets.
- Maintain broodstock and provide 100,000 seedstock milkfish to participating qualified farms to prime industry development.
- Conduct extensive rearing trials for production of milkfish fry to provide a low-cost alternative for seedstock production.
- Provide general guidelines, information, and technical advice to participating farms for growout of threadfin and milkfish, and produce a technical pamphlet on growout of threadfin for use by farmers to ensure technology transfer.