Establishment of Milkfish Fry Production in Palau to Reduce Dependency on Imported Fry
|Palau||$128,810||Palau Community College||Miguel Delos Santos|
1. To collect sexually matured milkfish and establish at least two broodstock facilities that will be monitored for natural spawning in captivity.
2. To document the egg production performance of captive milkfish broodstock in Palau condition.
3. To adopt and verify a current commercial hatchery methods for mikfish fry production in Palau.
4. To optimize milkfish fry production by incorporating other finfish hatchery technique.
5. To conduct a hands-on training to existing local finfish hatchery operators and produce a simple and practical extension manual and for milkfish fry production in Palau.