Inter-Institutional Coordination and Preparation of a Guam Aquaculture Development Plan
|Guam||$25,000||University of Guam||J. Brown|
- Form an Aquaculture Development Working Group to execute the work and improve institutional coordination and cooperation for future implementation activities.
- Review current status and potential areas for development, including a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats).
- Review current and potential list of species available for aquaculture on Guam and assess feasibility for each species.
- Review local and federal policies, regulations, and permitting processes effecting ongoing and potential aquaculture development on Guam.
- Conduct an institutional analysis for public and private sector entities on Guam and potential partners located elsewhere.
- Review currently available economic incentives for aquaculture development on Guam.
- Suggest changes to the current regulatory and economic environment that could be locally adopted.
- Publish the results of Objectives 1–7 as a CTSA/GADTC joint publication with distribution to all concerned stakeholders.
- Make oral presentations of findings to concerned stakeholders and at aquaculture meetings/conferences.