Opihi Aquaculture, Years 5 and 6: Improving Hatchery Technology and Production
|Hawaii||$50,000||University of Hawaii at Manoa||Jon-Paul Bingham, Ph.D., Anthony Mau|
Overall Project Goal
The overall goal is to successfully rear ‘opihi for aquaculture production.
1. Design and fabricate a novel settlement system.
2. Conduct settlement trials to determine key factors involved in larval attachment, metamorphosis, and post-settlement survival.
3. Monitor growth rates of juvenile ‘opihi and develop grow-out protocol.
1. Spawn F1 generation and evaluate egg quality.
2. Write a production cost report for current state-of-the-art technology.
3. Transfer technology to industries or stakeholders.