Reprints of the following articles by CTSA project investigators, which are listed in alphabetical order by first author’s last name, can be obtained directly from the author.
- Ako, H. and C.S. Tamaru. 1999. Are feeds for food fish practical for aquarium fish? International AquaFeed 2:30-36.
- Bell, T.A. 1991. Overview of diseases and drug needs for major aquaculture species: shrimp. Veterinary and Human Toxicology 33(supplement 1):19-23.
- Bell, T.A. 1992 Drugs and chemotherapeutants for shrimp diseases: their present status in the United States, with an overview of research and approval process. Pages 311-324 in K. Main and W. Fulks, editors. Diseases of Cultured Penaeid Shrimp in the United States and Asia, 27-30 April 1992, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Bell, T.A. and D.V. Lightner. 1992. Chemotherapy in aquaculture today—current practices in shrimp culture: Available treatments and their efficacy. In C. Michel and D.J. Alderman, editors. Chemotherapy In Aquaculture: From Theory to Reality: Proceedings of the Symposium, March 1991, Paris, France.
- Bell, T.A., D.V. Lightner, and R.R. Williams. 1990. A promising new chemotherapeutant for use in the treatment of Fusarium solani infections in penaeid shrimp. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 21(2):131-136.
- Brock, J.A. and R.A. Bullis. 2001. Disease prevention and control for gametes and embryos of fish and marine shrimp. Aquaculture 197(1-4):137-149.
- Brooks, M. 2011. USDA Regional Aquaculture Center Supported Feeds Research and Development in Hawaii and the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Islands. Aquafeed Winter 2011: 8-12. Download PDF
- Brown, C.L. and D.E. Coleman. 1991. Testing and development of an efficient, remote CD-ROM system. CD-ROM Librarian October:13-18.
- Frelier, P., R.F. Sis, T.A. Bell, and D.H. Lewis. 1992. Microscopic and ultrastructural studies of necrotizing hepatopancreatitis in Pacific white shrimp (Penaeus vannamei) cultured in Texas. Veterinary Pathology 29:269-277.
- Mohney, L.L., D.V. Lightner, R.R. Williams, and M. Bauerlein. 1990. Bioencapsulation of therapeutic quantities of the antibacterial, Romet-30, in nauplii of the brine shrimp Artemia and in the nematode Panagrellus redivivus. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 21(3):186-191.
- Mohney, L.L., T.A. Bell, and D.V. Lightner. 1992. Shrimp antimicrobial testing I. In vitro susceptibility of thirteen gram-negative bacteria to twelve antimicrobials. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 4:257-261.
- Ostrowski, A.C. and C.W. Laidley. 2001. Application of marine foodfish techniques in marine ornamental aquaculture: Reproduction and larval first feeding. Aquarium Sciences and Conservation 3: 191-204.
- Ostrowski, A.C., T. Iwai, S. Monahan, S. Unger, D. Dagdagan, P. Murakawa, A. Schivell, and C. Pigao. 1996. Nursery production technology for Pacific threadfin (Polydactylus sexfilis). Aquaculture 139:19-29.
- Ridgley, M.A. and W.L. Schultz. 1989. The ups and downs of information traffic from Hawaii-based educational organizations to the Pacific. In L.S. Harms and D.J. Wedemeyer, editors. PTC ‘89 Proceedings. January 1989, Honolulu, HI. Pacific Telecommunications Council.
- Schnick R.A. and R. Armstrong. 1997. Aquaculture Drug Approval Progress in the United States. Salmon Health Report. January. Sec. 6. 22-28.
- Schnick, R.A. 1996. Aquaculture drug approval progress in the United States. In: Proceedings of Aquaculture Canada ‘96: 13th Annual Meeting of the Aquaculture Association of Canada. June 2-5, 1996, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Schnick, R.A. 1996. International regulatory aspects of chemical and drug residues. Pages 186-195 in R.E. Martin, R.L. Collette, and J.W. Slavin, editors. Fish Inspection, Quality Control, and HACCP A Global Focus. Proceedings of the Conference held May 19-24, 1996. Arlington, VA. Technomic Publishing Co., Inc.
- Schnick, R.A. 1999. Use of chemicals in fish management and fish culture. In: D.J. Smith, W.H. Gingerich and M.G. Beconi-Barker (Eds.). Xenobiotics in Fish. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers. pp. 1-14.
- Schnick, R.A. 2000. Efficacy data needed for high priority aquaculture drugs. American Fish. Soc. Fish Health Newsletter. 28(2): 3.
- Schnick, R.A. 2000. International harmonization of antimicrobial sensitivity determination for aquaculture drugs. Aquaculture. 196: 277-288.
- Schnick, R.A. 2000. Update on the Federal-State Aquaculture Drug Approval Partnership. Aquaculture Magazine. 26(3): 56-68.
- Schnick, R.A. 2001. International harmonization of antimicrobial sensitivity determination for aquaculture drugs. Aquaculture. 196: 277-288.
- Schnick, R.A., W.H. Gingerich, and K.H. Koltes. 1996. Federal-State aquaculture drug registration partnership: A success in the making. Fisheries 21(5):4.
- Schnick, R.A., W.H. Gingerich, B.R. Griffin and D. Erdahl. 2001. Progress of the Federal-State Aquaculture Drug Approval Partnership Project. Fish Health Newsletter. Fish Health Section/American Fisheries Society. October 2001. Vol. 29 (4): 6-9.
- Schnick. R.A. and P. Smith. 1999. International Harmonisation of Antibacterial Agent Approvals and Susceptibility Testing. Bull. Eur. Ass. Fish Pathol. 19(6): 294.
- Wang, J.K. 1990 Managing shrimp pond water to reduce discharge problems. Aquacultural Engineering 9(1):61-73.
- Williams, R.R. and D.V. Lightner. 1988. Regulatory status of therapeutants for penaeid shrimp culture in the United States. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 19(4):188–196.
- Williams, R.R., T.A. Bell, and D.V. Lightner. 1992. Shrimp antimicrobial testing II. Toxicity and safety determination for twelve antimicrobials with penaeid shrimp larvae. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 4:262-270.
- Ziemann, D.A., W.A. Walsh, E.G. Saphore, and K. Fulton-Bennett. A survey of water quality characteristics of effluent from Hawaiian aquaculture facilities. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 23(3):174-203.